How do we process your personal data?
IC Select complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To get in contact with the individual
- To send our DDQs to points of contact within researched firms
- Occasional marketing campaigns
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
To provide a service to our clients and occasional marketing campaigns.
What is the legitimate interests pursued by IC Select?
To research investment consultants and fiduciary managers in order to provide a service to our clients and share relevant research within the industry.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and is not shared outside the company.
How do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than three years unless still necessary for communication.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which IC Select holds about you;
- The right to request that IC Select corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for IC Select to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. (where applicable)
- The right to request that IC Select provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability). (where applicable)
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Used to distinguish users by our analytics provider Google Analytics so that we can see how people are using our site
|Google Analytics||_gid||Used to distinguish users by our analytics provider Google Analytics so that we can see how people are using our site||24 hours|
|Google Analytics||_gat*||This cookie is used to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.||10 mins|
|Our Website||cookieconsent_status||Used to remember your cookie storage preferences||24 hours|
You can block cookies by clicking on the Decline button on our site's cookie notification bar. This appears at the foot of each page and your consent can be revoked at any point.
You can also activate the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. This privacy notice was updated 30th April 2018.
If you have any queries, complaints or wish to exercise any relevant rights listed above, please get in touch at email@example.com or give us a call on 0131 247 7454.